This event is closed.
Missouri Libraries: Rooted in Community
Missouri Library Association
2016 Annual Conference and Trade Show
October 5-7, 2016
Ramada Plaza Hotel & Oasis Convention Center
2546 N Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65803
To make sleeping room reservations please call
Please be sure to consult online booth diagram before making booth selection.
The Missouri Library Association is a diverse and thriving organization. MLA serves librarians, support staff, and library supporters throughout the entire state and in every type of library. MLA members work in academic, public, special, and K-12 libraries. With over 500 members, MLA looks ahead to a bright future serving the needs of its members.
The conference is attended by librarians, administrators, trustees, support staff, and many others invested in libraries and their future success. Over 300 individuals from Missouri attended the 2015 conference, representing all types of libraries and positions. Nearly a quarter of MLA members are empowered with final decision-making abilities.
The MLA Annual Conference has been successfully linking library suppliers and attendees for decades and offers an unmatched opportunity to meet decision makers from Missouri’s libraries. Whether your company already does business with Missouri libraries or you are looking to break into a new market, you shouldn’t miss this conference. In addition to exhibiting, sponsorship and advertising opportunities are available. For more information, email conference coordinators Erin Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Renee Brumett (email@example.com).
The Ramada Plaza Hotel and Oasis Convention Center offers over 20,000 square feet of carpeted, clear-span exhibition space. The entire conference and exhibit space is conveniently situated under one roof, providing a comfortable, intimate setting efficient for all attendees and optimal for networking. The hotel features free high-speed internet; free parking; free airport shuttle; saltwater indoor & outdoor pools; complimentary hot breakfast buffet; the popular Fire & Ice Restaurant; and is easily accessible from the Springfield-Branson National Airport, Interstate 44, and U.S. 65.
There are 65 booths available, which will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Affordable booth space rental fees
○ 8x10 space is $550 for early registrants/$650 for regular registrants / $450 Non-profits
○ Booth space includes table, back wall, drape, chairs, wastebasket, sign
- Booth rental includes free conference registration for 2 representatives
- Springfield-Branson National Airport offers connection flights to most major cities.
- Conference hotel is location 11 miles from the airport and rooms have been secured at a rate of $86 per night. Contact hotel directly and indicate MLA 2016 Annual Conference for this room rate.
- Vendors will be provided with multiple drink and meal opportunities to talk with conference attendees.
- Extra booth amenities and electrical services are available from the Ramada Plaza for additional fees. Please see the attached Exhibitor Order Form for Additional Booth Amenities & Electrical Service for details.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Attendee list
- Conference program
For maximum vendor benefit the following activities are planned:
- Vendor Reception -- Wednesday, October 5, 4:00 p.m.
- Lunch provided -- Thursday, October 6, 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Poster sessions and table talks
- Multiple sponsorship opportunities
- Trivia night
- Awards Gala
Installation hours: Wednesday, October 5, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Vendor Reception: Wednesday, October 5, 4:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
Exhibit hours: Thursday, October 6, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Takedown: Thursday, October 6, 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
The MLA Conference program is another great way to highlight your company’s services and products during and after the event. The printed program is handed out to each attendee and used throughout the conference and long after as a reference tool.
Full page: $400
Half page: $300
Quarter page: $200
Sponsors will receive special acknowledgement including:
- Logo exposure on marketing materials (if confirmed early)
- Logo exposure on event signage
- Recognition at Opening Session
- Logo link on MLA website, molib.org
- Recognition in conference program
- Recognition at sponsored event
Platinum Partner ($2,000+)
- Keynote speaker
- Vendor Reception
- Awards Gala
- Programs & publicity
Gold Partner ($1,000+)
- Conference bags
- Conference lanyards & badges
- Trivia Night
Silver Partner ($500+)
- Movie night
- MACRL Lunch
- Children’s Services Author Luncheon
- MLA Annual Business Meeting
Bronze Partner ($250)
- Conference break
- New member meet & greet
- Poster sessions & table talks
- Unplug & Unwind stations
- Individual programs
- Bohley Scholarship -- The Ronald G. Bohley Scholarship Fund Silent Auction is sponsored by the Professionalism, Education, Employment, and Recruitment Community of Interest (PEER) and is awarded annually to an individual enrolled in or recently accepted into an ALA-accredited program in pursuit of a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science. Preference is given to Missouri residents or students. Each year the Bohley Silent Auction is held at the MLA Conference to raise funds for the scholarship. Donations can be sent to Erin Gray.
- Exhibitor Drawings -- Please consider donating to the exhibitor drawing to be held during noconflict times. It’s a fun and easy way to draw attendees to your booth.
- Hospitality Giveaways -- Attendees love swag. Consider donating 500 small marketing items to include in conference registration bags.
Cancellations made in writing and postmarked prior to September 1, 2016 are subject to a 50% cancellation fee. No refunds will be made following the September 1, 2016 deadline.
All cancellations are final. Trade Show Chairs may resell cancelled booths as opportunities allow. No refunds shall be paid as a result of subsequent booth sales.